Growing up in Northern Edmonton, Shannon brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Project! Shannon played for the men’s teams at Grant MacEwan University and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. Shannon helped Grant MacEwan to a silver medal in the Alberta College Athletic Conference (ACAC), and in her final year with NAIT she set the regular season record for shutouts (5) lowest goals against average (1.58) and won the ACAC Championship. Shannon is a 2 time Olympic gold medalist in Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014 and Silver Medalist in 2018. In the 2010 & 2018 Winter Olympics Shannon was named top goaltender. Following the 2014 Sochi Olympics the Columbus Cottonmouths of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) was the next stop in Shannon’s career where she was the first female to play in the SPHL and the first woman ever to record a shutout in a men’s professional hockey league. Shannon is one of the best technical teachers in the game and has the ability to communicate details in an extremely effective manner. We are honored to have a trailblazer like Shannon be part of the Ohio Hockey Project!
- Former goaltender at Grant MacEwan University
- Former goaltender at Northern Alberta Institue of Technology
- 2 time Olympic Gold Medalist // Team Canada – Vancouver 2010 – Sochi 2014
- Top Olympic Goaltender // Vancouver 2010 & Pyeongchang 2018
- First female to record a shutout in a Men’s Professional Hockey League