Communicating with your coaching staff
This doesn’t have to be a conversation we dread. Communication is a very under rated, and under utilized skill ~ both by coaches as well as parents and players. Here are a few tips that will go a long way!
- Look in the mirror first
- Be honest and critical of your child. Is your child deserving of a more desirable outcome? Is your child positively contributing to the team, and is your child doing all that he/she can to improve and be coachable?
- Be RESPECTFUL
- Simply put; converse with others you would like to spoken to.
- Pick your spots
- NEVER seek out a coach immediately following a game or incident. Give your staff a heads up, and seek out a conversation during the week. Why? Coaches are processing a multitude of issues, not just a single one that pertains to your child.
- Positivity wins 100% of the time
- Understand your coaches do what they do (coach) because they love the game, and they’re committed to helping your child’s development. Everyone makes mistakes, but proceed with a positive attitude and mindset!
share this post